Within the wide boundaries of the engineering profession, there are several challenging activities in areas. You have the option to choose from the numerous specializations available, depending upon your interest and capabilities.
Remember, with the right kind of skills, educational background, and experience, you can get great engineer jobs with lucrative salary packages in New Zealand.
What jobs are currently available?
If you have the right experience and qualifications, you could soon get the engineering job. Today, both consultancy and contractor companies are actively seeking these types of skills:
- Utility Surveyors
- Maintenance Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Wastewater Engineer
- Civil Engineer and Civil Technician
- Stormwater Engineer
- Operators of heavy machines
- Fabricator/ Welder
How to find engineering jobs?
- Firstly, you need to search for well-known job vacancy sites for finding a job for engineering.
- There are many recruitment agencies that you can use in New Zealand, but make sure you contact a trusted and reliable agency.
- There are also industry-specific recruitment websites that you can use.
- You should have a social media profile and actively participate and engage on the platform with people from the engineering sector.
For the people coming from abroad to New Zealand for engineering jobs, the entry requirement is:
- A relevant bachelor's degree or a postgraduate diploma at a recognized institution
- English proficiency test is necessary. Good IELTS, TOEFL score.
- A strong statement of purpose.
When it comes to engineer jobs, the work-life balance is one of the most essential aspects for people in New Zealand. New Zealand is one of the best countries in the world for having an exceptional work-life balance.
New Zealand is one of the richest countries in the world with great career opportunities. Right now, New Zealand is experiencing a widespread shortage of engineers; thus, if you have the right skills and qualifications, you have a great chance of getting employed. The country has a high demand for graduates and strong prospects of gaining employment.