Applicants for this position should be NZ citizens or have NZ residency.
Transfleet Equipment Ltd is a well-established manufacturing company, specializing in designing and manufacturing bulk cartage equipment. Our website at www.transfleet.co.nz
best summarizes the range of work that we carry out.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced fabricator / welder with a passion for the transport industry to join our growing team.
To be successful in this role you will:
Applicants for this position should be NZ citizens or have NZ residency
- Have a sound understanding of reading isometric fabrication shop drawings
- Have experience in assembling/joining components in line with shop drawings and specifications using various welding techniques, bolting and/or riveting.
- Ideally be trade certified, to be able to examine welds for width of bead, penetration and precision.
- Be able to cut marked-out metal/aluminium sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- Be able to shape and bend metal/aluminium sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- Have pride in your work
- Be adaptive, confident, proactive and hard working
- Be a confident communicator, and be able to follow and give clear instructions
All successful applicants must pass a drug screening test - this is a condition of employment and you will not be considered should you refuse or fail a drug screening.
If you feel you have the skills to step into this role, please APPLY through our online application form TODAY.
Please note that if we have not contacted you within 2 weeks of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.