DIGGER / EXCAVATOR OPERATOR
Emmetts Civil Construction is are a family owned sole proprietorship specialising in Structural and Civil contracting for over 60 years. We have a fleet of 8 – 25 tonne excavators and have positions available for immediate start for people with operating experience. This position requires the successful applicant to:
Other key skills that would be preferable but not a must:
- Confirm satisfactory experience and track record driving operating excavators up to 25 tonne.
- Hold a current wheels tracks and rollers and full NZ driver’s license.
- Work as part of the construction team when not operating excavators, e.g. loading and assisting with other physical work.
- Be able to work unsupervised yet excel in a team environment.
- Keep accurate written records.
- Have a willingness to travel and stay away from home when required during the working week.
- Undertake a mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Experience with sheet piling / drilling.
- Hold a Class 4 driver’s license.
- Dogman experience / qualifications, e.g. Unit Standard 3789 ‘Sling regular loads and communicate during crane operations’ or recognised international equivalent.
If you are physically fit with a positive outlook, a ‘can do’ attitude and good communication skills, apply now if you would like to join our team.
Please ensure that you note what licences and endorsements you currently hold along with your application.
Emmetts believe in paying people fairly and accordingly and remuneration will be assessed on skills and experience.
Our company is focused on excellence and strongly committed to ongoing improvement and we are serious about employing people with high level skills who can demonstrate that they share our vision.
Due to NZ Health and Safety regulations a good command of the English language is essential.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.