We are a 4-year-old busy joinery company in Central Otago with a modern factory and equipment. Due to growth, we require an experienced senior joiner to join our team who is an ‘all-rounder’.
You will be an experienced joiner having worked in a joinery factory manufacturing kitchens, household joinery, acrylic benchtops, timber joinery and installing joinery on-site. You will need to have attention to detail, a high standard of workmanship, be honest, motivated and enjoy working with others, as well as have the ability to work unsupervised.
NZ Trade certificate (or foreign equivalent) in Joinery would be a huge advantage. Hands-on woodwork experience essential and ability to provide a portfolio would be beneficial.
To successfully apply for this position, you will need to:
- Have a Joinery Qualification.
- Have at least 5 years hands on experience in manufacturing various types of joinery.
- Be able to manufacture joinery independently from receiving plans through to installation.
- Have experience and knowledge of acrylic benchtop manufacturing.
- Have experience manufacturing timber joinery.
- Be experienced in operating factory machinery including CNC flatbeds.
- Be able to read and interpret plans.
- Be passionate about producing quality work and have an eye for detail.
- Have a fantastic work ethic.
- Be a team player.
- Take Health & Safety seriously and adhere to requirements, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- A current drivers licence and own reliable transport. Heavy Traffic licence would be beneficial.
- Be an honest and reliable worker.
- Be physically fit, lifting is required.
- Have great time management skills.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Provide 2 referees and 1 written reference
Apply online for this role or contact Kate Munro for more information.