About the opportunity
Our client has over 30 years in the IT industry and is looking to add a Systems Engineer to their tight-knit team in Epsom. They are committed to having the best people in the industry work for them, so full training will be provided, and there are excellent career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for providing the ongoing technical support of both hardware and software applications at multiple sites for one of New Zealand’s top Managed Service Providers. This role has a strong focus on the Microsoft Windows platform. A big part of the role involves interacting with a wide range of customers on a daily basis. This position is office-based and has a requirement to visit client sites regularly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Deploy and maintain new and existing Windows on-premise servers and desktops with a heavy focus on Microsoft cloud solutions
- Monitor, track and resolve both desktop and server related issues
- Ensure all issues are properly logged, and unresolved issues are escalated promptly
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Follow up with customers to ensure their systems are fully functional after a resolution
This role will suit someone with the following background/experience/qualities:
- Previous experience working within a managed service provider environment
- Relevant qualification
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain to clients using non-technical terms
- Proven experience with Microsoft deployment technologies and Hyper-V based servers
- Experience with deploying and troubleshooting networking infrastructure with a focus on products such as Cisco Meraki and Ubiquit
- Expertise in deploying/maintaining on-premise NAS servers.
- Previous experience in performing Server Upgrade/Migration project work including Office 365/ Azure migrations (an advantage)
- Familiarity with SolarWinds or other RMM products
- Familiarity with endpoint security products like Sophos and with backup technologies such as Veeam
- Ability to create technical documentation for internal use and end-user documentation.
- Ability to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot technology issues
- Previous experience with unified communications is an advantage
- Fundamental understanding of MacOS operating systems with the ability to provide basic troubleshooting
- PowerShell scripting (an advantage)
- Valid New Zealand drivers license is a must
About the company:
Our client has been providing a range of IT solutions for 30 years. Using strong Apple and Windows skills set through cross-platform integration expertise, our client has continued to support their customers, many for over two decades. What keeps them ahead in a highly competitive industry is that they focus on their talented staff and encourage professional development through continued learning for both the company and their partners.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Chance to be part of an easy-going and friendly team
- Career progression and training
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below.