Available now, a Grounds Assistant role for 22.5 hours per week. Must be keen to assist in maintaining the campus grounds to their current high standard and to contribute to the overall efforts of the Facilities Maintenance team.
· Assist the team with control of weeds, pests and diseases
· Fertilise grounds and gardens and prune shrubs, trees, hedges as required
· Maintain and operate the irrigation systems
· Control rubbish and leaves around the grounds
· Assist with other landscape requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• demonstrated practical gardening and landscaping skills and knowledge
• experience with safe storage and use of horticultural chemicals
• a positive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised.
Applications close on 26 October. For a job description and to apply please click on the link provided or visit Jobs@EIT on our website www.eit.ac.nz