About the opportunity:
As the demand for specialists in asbestos continues to grow, our client is seeking an experienced analyst to join their Wellington team. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing group of people who hold to the core company values of professionalism, safety, quality and teamwork.
As Asbestos Analyst you will perform the daily receipt and processing of samples (bulk materials, soil and air) in accordance with the company's IANZ accredited procedures and methods. In doing this, you will ensure to abide by the health and safety regulations and procedures set forth by the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Completion of proficiency testing and internal QC samples
- Provide asbestos related advice to external agencies and liaise with clients
- Complete accurate sample, analysis and result reports
- Internal peer reviews
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- 2 years minimum experience in asbestos analysis
- Excellent knowledge of ISO 17025
- P401–P403 is ideal
- Relevant tertiary qualification in science or a related field
- Great attention to detail, methodical, deadline oriented and the ability to work in a team
- Basic knowledge of MS word and excel
- Laboratory database systems experience
About the company:
Our client is a 100% New Zealand owned and operated company with a strong public and environmental health background. They believe in the importance of what they do and aim to be their clients’ choice for all asbestos analysis throughout Wellington and New Zealand. They have a strong team culture and seek to invest heavily in staff, training, methodologies and company accreditation to ensure they deliver the highest quality service to clients and provide a supportive environment to the team.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression and training
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team
- Support for any certifications as needed
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below.