Busy little machine shop with 3x lathes, 1x milling machine and a radial arm drill + portable line borer + Horizontal Borer, working with a team of engineers and hose technicians carrying out break down jobs and some project work for the Forestry, agricultural, sawmill and factory industries.
Successful Applicants need to hold a Full Drivers License and be:
- Honest, reliable, flexible, punctual.
- Trade qualified in maintenance & diagnostics OR General machinist / engineering or similar will be an advantage. (Being able to weld would be an advantage but not a necessity).
- Be able to work unsupervised with good communication skills.
- Be able to liaise with customers regarding work and time frames and organise work load + materials where required.
- Must be able to fit in and work well in a team environment (fabrication and hydraulic work is carried out in the same workshop).
Common jobs / scope of work.
- Machining hydraulic ram components - rebuilding hydraulic + pneumatic cylinders.
- Machining flywheels.
- Machining pins, bushes, and bosses for various types of equipment.
- Machining shafts to close tolerance's for various types of equipment.
- Some breakdown/shut work at various factories/sawmills.
- Some line boring on site or at the workshop (skills can be taught if never used before).
- Some small welding jobs where required.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.