NATIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
Gartshore Group, Tauranga
The role of National Operations Manager is a key leadership position encompassing the daily management of resources (plant and labour) to ensure the most optimal and efficient completion of projects for the Gartshore Group.
They are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual who will develop and implement systems and processes to improve performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability within their Project Management and Operations teams.
This role involves:
- Planning, directing and coordinating resources in conjunction with your direct reports, (Project Managers, Factory Manager, on-site and factory based staff)
- Ensuring all projects are completed on time and within the labour hours allocated, in a correct, cost effective and timely manner and in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Part of the Senior Management Team and reporting direct to the Managing Director
- Developing and retaining professional relationships with key clients
- Overseeing the recruitment and training of new staff
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience running large scale and complex projects
- Come from a construction or joinery manufacturing background
- Ideally have experience managing Project Managers
- Have excellent commercial business acumen and ability to drive strategic initiatives
- Be highly computer literate
- Have strong change management skills
- Be experienced in process and systems development
- Knowledge of the Construction Contracts Act, health and other applicable legislation
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Have a very high level of interpersonal communication skills
- Have the energy, passion and leadership skills to influence, drive and motivate a team
Gartshore’s have a reputation for quality when it comes to bespoke cabinetry manufacturing and interior fit-out projects. From specialist QS teams, joiners, cabinetmakers, fabricators, finishers and detailers, through to the on-site project managers, shopfitters and finishing carpenters, all understand the pressured and technical nature of interior construction. Gartshore offer cost effective solutions and are dedicated to on-time, on-budget completions of quality workmanship on commercial and retail interiors throughout New Zealand. They are looking for someone who shares their values and visions to join them in this integral role.
WHATS ON OFFER:
- Be part of an award winning team, no two jobs are the same….. job variety every day
- A challenging yet rewarding career, the opportunity to work on some of NZ’s most prestigious projects
- On-going training, support and structured growth
- Annual health and well-being checks and monitoring
- A market leading ISO:18001 accredited Company
- A great Company atmosphere, monthly BBQ’s, active social club…. Work hard…. Play hard, in state of the art facilities
- Having been in business for 65yrs we know how to look after our staff, some of them have been here 10, 20, 25 and even 40yrs…..
To find out more about this opportunity please APPLY ONLINE with your CV and Cover Letter to Kirsty Morrison. Or call to confidentially discuss this opportunity with Kirsty in person.
One21 - Recruitment Business Partners of Gartshore Group
Ph: 021 355 179
One21 Recruiting Solutions