We are looking for an experienced Health Care Assistants to join our business, Extrastaff Limited.
Our growing business requires organised and trustworthy individuals who pride themselves on quality workmanship. You must be motivated and result driven.
You might be asked to work across the country to assist our projects, so flexibility on work locations is preferred.
The Health Care Assistant is responsible for:
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- attending accidents and providing pre-hospital care and transport
- participating in planning and implementing the care of patients according to accepted practice and standards
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications including the direct support and assistance of therapists
- planning and implementing leisure activity programs for individuals in health care and in the community to assist in their social development and promote a sense of wellbeing
- utilising a range of techniques such as soft tissue massage to assist healing, prevent injury and promote relaxation
- supporting individuals and their families and carers when faced with unwelcome news and life-changing diagnoses
- performing and recording clinical observations such as blood pressure, temperature, respirations and pulse
- undertaking clinical tasks including cannulation, venipuncture and ECGs
- discussing and sharing information with registered nurses on a patients condition, behaviour, activity and responses
- ensuring the privacy, dignity and safety of individuals is maintained at all times
- recognising issues relating to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults
- any other task requires of you that is within your skills and capabilities that is necessary for the business of the company.
Min $21.50 per hour to a maximum of $25.5 per hour
Hours of work
Minimum 30 hours of work is guaranteed
Skills and experience required:
- Preferably minimum one-year relevant experience or qualification equivalent to Level 2 or 3
- Friendly, with good time management, & excellent work ethic are essential
- Time management skills
- A commitment to learning and developing your skills within the industry
- Sound knowledge of H and S procedures
- Reliable and hardworking
You may be required to work in multiple locations throughout New Zealand including Auckland, Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawke’s bay, Taranaki, Gisborne, Whanganui-Manawatu, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson-Tasman, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago and Southland.
This role will be permanent and full-time job.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and brief covering letter outlining your experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click the "APPLY NOW" button.
BACK TO LISTING
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.