Dhindsa Transport Limited is growing and well-established Freight Transport company offering secure employment and career progression in Waikato. We are a friendly team of dedicated people to provide outstanding services and products to society.
We have a vacancy for a Full time Truck Drivers. You will be required to work between 35 to 65 hours from Monday-Sunday. We need someone who is willing to commit to our company and is prepared to take the responsibility and run with it. We as a business need to meet our health and safety obligations at all levels, including engaging staff and managing risks.
Key duties but not limited to:
- Ability to operate company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner.
- Driving within speed limit of 90km/h and wear seat belt while driving.
- Complete a daily truck logbook and submit reports of mileage and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Taking full responsibility of unit while on duty.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
The applicant should have:
- The applicant should have at least one year of relevant experience
- Valid and clean Heavy Driver Licence
- Manual gear box knowledge.
- Must be physical fit
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and how to handle hazard conditions.
- A sound understanding of Health and Safety along with the logbook requirements
- You should carry out routine checks of your truck.
- You may require driving on weekends and public holidays.
- Able to work on rotation shift – day and night. (2am-2pm or 2pm-2am)
- A positive attitude and a great work ethic
- Previous Work References required
- Clean Character Background
Salary can be negotiated as per your proven experience level; in addition to perks which comprise Accommodation and food etc.
If you are interested in this role and you think this is the right position, then apply online with your updated CV and cover letter.
BACK TO LISTING