Smart Environmental is New Zealand's largest Kiwi owned and operated waste and recycling company. We have ben in business for 25 years and are justifiably proud of out people, history, and customer service.
We are on the hunt for someone to join our amazing company, working out of our Kopu, Thames depot. The successful candidate will be someone who prides themselves on delivering fantastic service to customers, community and workmates, and is willing to lend a hand and get stuck in when needed.
The role is primarily responsible for operating our kerbside trucks, so having experience would be beneficial - however isn't essential.
• Operate trucks and other tasks as required
• Be responsible for completing daily vehicle checks and maintaining the vehicle to a high standard
• Logging information on Eroad/Logbook
• Keep fit while you work - you may be required to get in and out of the truck multiple times
We need a superstar who:
• Has a full, clean New Zealand drivers licence - with Class 2 or Class 4 endorsements
• Is familiar with technology as we have an up-to-date fleet
• Able to work flexible hours - as you may be required to work weekends following a public holiday
• Understands and supports health and safety
• Is punctual and reliable
• Has great pride in the maintenance and the presentation of their workplace and equipment
Perks of joining SMART
We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We can also offer:
• Great remuneration that recognises your experience, skill and attitude
• Strong leadership that is dedicated to getting you home every night
• Commitment to high standards of up-to-date technology, PPE and equipment
We pride ourselves on our team environments and company culture, and can offer a competitive base salary, diversity and career development.
If you have relevant related experience, or have recently qualified and want to apply your energy, apply for this dynamic role now.
Contact Karen at - firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 2563009 for a confidential chat.
As we take the health and safety of our team and others seriously the successful candidate will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing as well as a Ministry of Justice check.
Please note due to NZ immigration requirements we are obliged to consider candidates that already have the right to work in New Zealand for this role first. Due to this we may not be able to support a visa application for this role