An opportunity exists for a switched-on Finance Manager to join a large North Shore school, where you will lead the Schools Finance Department and be responsible for the financial management, projects and business development of the school’s property and finance operations.
It will be a varied and interesting role, where you ensure the day-to-day accounting and financial compliance responsibilities are met, while also working closely with the principal on a broader scale and bigger picture projects, providing strategic leadership for longer term, capital planning and development of facilities.
The role will include:
- Leading all financial aspects of the school, managing its funds to achieve the most favourable outcomes
- Lead a small accounting team to perform day-to-day accounting duties
- Ensure all finance functions are carried out as per best practice and that finance department systems, process and internal controls systems are maintained
- Maximise funding from non-government sources
- Oversee the overall budget process to ensure timely, relevant, and accurate financial budgets are produced and reported on, which support strategic direction
- Work on an annual capital and operational budget for presentation for approval to the Board
- Manage overall expense budgets and actual spend variances, in conjunction with relevant cost centre managers, to ensure expenses are controlled and appropriate for the business strategy
- Regularly monitor income and expenditure against approved budget
- Work with budget holders to manage capital expenditure against approved funds
- Managing cashflow forecast and reporting
- Work with the Principal, to provide strategic leadership for longer term, capital planning and development of facilities.
- Maintain and build relationships with the school suppliers
- Provide financial and operational advice when new initiatives are being analysed
- Implement new operational initiatives that relate to finance and property areas of operation
- Negotiate and prepare contracts for school service
- Manage the school’s business relationship with its bank’s business partner
- Monitor all bank account balances and daily transactions
- Set up term investments as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Ensure all financial records are kept to the required legal and audit standard
- Meet monthly with the Property and Finance subcommittees, including the preparation and presentation of the agenda, appropriate reports and analysis of any initiatives or projects
- Oversee, preparation of all tax compliance and returns – GST, WT
- Manage relationships with school auditors
To succeed in the role, you will bring:
- Experience in responsibility for the financial management of a medium-sized business
- Strong knowledge of accountancy, including systems, methodologies, techniques, and technology
- Organisational ability, good time management, with aim to deliver quality outcomes
- Ability to be a strategic thinker, while balancing the hands-on day to day requests
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills to enable the best outcomes for the school
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and staff
- Solid experience and skills in Microsoft Office, Xero, (Hubdoc, Approvalmax, Kamar, Kindo, Monty, Toolkit)
- Initiative – display the “Yes, How” approach to change
- Collaboration. You are a team player, working productively and collegially with all staff
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Commerce with CA /CPA preferred
- A strong communicator of financial results and budgets
- Ability to lead and work with others, manage staff, build trust, and develop a strong sense of team with a shared vision.
This is quite a rare and exciting opportunity for someone who will bring their practiced commercial experience to help drive the strategic goals of the school.
It will best suit someone who is at the right time in their career, to be able to commit to delivering long term projects and will enjoy becoming part of a vibrant, agile, innovative, and forward-thinking community.
You may never have thought about joining an educational organisation, but why not?
I have no doubt that whoever secures this role, will enjoy a very rewarding and enjoyable career for years to come.
Rewards: Remuneration - $100K - $115K (neg on exp) AND a job that you will love!
How to Apply: If you are excited about this opportunity, please click the "APPLY NOW" button.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and this will happen within two weeks of your application.