Bungalo Café is located just out of the village in Birkenhead it has great views, plenty of parking and a really nice indoor/outdoor flow. And it’s only 10 Minutes’ drive to the CBD.
We’re busy most days, and have a great team in place. There is free all day parking on the street just outside.
We are an accredited employer, so welcome Visa’s or overseas applications.
Chef Job Responsibilities:
To manage the operation and organisation of a section of the kitchen.
Maximum quality whilst containing labour costs.
- Produce all items related to the menus and functions to the establishment’s standard, to satisfy diner expectations.
- Plan and organise work flows, order food items when required.
- Cost recipes and develop menu items for the establishment as requested.
- Keep recipe book up to date.
- Ensure equipment and work environment are operational.
- Ensure prep is up to date for days off.
- Impart knowledge and train staff to encourage high standards.
- Uphold morale in the kitchen and other departments.
- Communicate with and support staff.
- Attend kitchen meetings.
- National Certificate (Level 4) in Cookery or equivalent
- 2 Years Experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Training skills
- Computer skills
- Budgeting and menu costing skills
- Organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills, customer skills
- Team player
- Ability to follow instructions
- Committed to team, establishment and excellence
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work competently under pressure
- Reliable & flexible to change
This is a full-time position. Minimum of 40 hours per week. Weekend work is required. We’re open every day until 3pm, so you’re out by 4pm latest each day.
Bungalo Cafe, 96 Mokoia Road, Birkenhead, 0626
Chef Qualification/Skills Demonstrate knowledge or culinary techniques and practices Understanding of menu and recipe development techniques. Ongoing awareness of culinary trends. Excellent knife -handling skills
BACK TO LISTING