Work Location: Christchurch region
Employment type: Full time (minimum 30 hours/per week, Monday to Saturday), permanent role
Your pay: $27.76-$28.00 per hour depending on your skills and experience
Apex Trade Group Limited is a construction company based in Christchurch.
We are now looking for 5 Plasterers to join our supportive team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right people and will allow access into a reputable and experienced company.
Tasks you may carry out:
- Study plans, examine and measure the surfaces for plastering, marking, and estimating plasterboard and plaster mix materials required
- Select and prepare the appropriate plastering materials for different projects and ensure selected materials is available on site
- Protect non-plastering surfaces with appropriate materials and prime surfaces for plastering
- Cut, position, and fix various types of plasterboard, ceiling systems, tiles and composite wall linings to walls, ceilings and battens, buildings, ensuring straight corners, angles, wall and ceiling surfaces
- Apply coats of plaster to walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using trowels, brushes and other hand/power tools
- Apply and finish acoustic, insulating, and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement, and similar materials
- Create decorative textures in finishing coats when specified
- Ensure that the corners/angles (internal or external) are plumb and straight by using levelling and straightening tools, levelling wall and ceiling surfaces
- Produce finished surfaces, according to blueprints, architect's drawings, or oral instructions
To be successful you will need:
- Have at least two years solid relevant experience, or
- Have a relevant NZ Register Level 4 trade certificate, or equivalent
- Be a great team player, be able to follow instructions
- Be physically fit and willingness to work hard
- Good eye for details and an ability to solve problems practically
- A "can-do" attitude
Our goal is to inspire people more than managing them. We trust our teams to do what they think is best for us. In return, you will have this opportunity to gain more skills and techniques with our experienced team and improve your skills and way of working.
If you are interested in this role, please send through your CV and cover letter to: ApexTradeGroupLimited@gmail.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residence or a valid NZ work visa. Please tell us your visa status when applying for this role.
BACK TO LISTING