Senior Desktop Support Temp Role
Auckland – Mount Albert Location
Information & Communication Technology Help Desk & IT Support
Rates - $35 - $45/hr
Type of Contract - 8 Months Temp Role Full Time
This support position is with a large national client who have need to support users within their Science division. The role works closely with both users and the Service Desk actioning issues and requests that have been logged by the Service Desk.
What you’ll do:
- You will take tickets created by the Service Desk for user desktop support and action those. These are likely to include issues relating to the physical desktop equipment and peripherals (such as printers, web cams, monitors, keyboards and mouses).
- Participate in one off or division wide refresh programs for either scientific equipment, laptops or desktops within the Science division including reimaging equipment, replacing in situ and/or repair if economically viable to repair.
- Evaluate and reorder equipment to suit normal and abnormal working conditions.
- Monitor supplier performance and update Tech Leads with issues relating to delivery of required equipment.
- Assess and monitor stock levels of equipment and peripherals.
What we are looking for in your response to this opportunity:
- We are interested in knowing what level of desktop support you have previously provided and whether you have experience working with both standard and non-standard ICT equipment.
- Your experience in managing ICT inventories, equipment selection and monitoring of supplier performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with a diverse group of users who tend to want their equipment fixed yesterday.
If you are looking to join a group of technical staff supporting scientists involved in rewriting New Zealand’s role in the world then this role may be of interest to you. If you would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact Harini at email@example.com Please forward your CV in MS Word so that we can be in contact about this opportunity.
Only those with the right to work in NZ will be considered for the role.
BACK TO LISTING