Days Bays Pavilion is a busy Café and Bistro in Lower Hutt, Wellington. We open seven days for breakfast and lunch and open for dinner five nights, try a pizza from our traditional wood-fired oven or swing by for a great cup of coffee. We have got two vacancies of full-time Cook position, and the ideal candidates should be strong self-motivated team players with the following attributes:
- Having a good understanding and knowledge about the cuisines we are providing;
- Planning menu, determining cooking and quality control procedures.
- Estimating and ordering the required stock levels of various food supplies/raw materials.
- Providing training and instructions to other kitchen workers in preparing, cooking, garnishing, and presenting food.
- Preparing and cooking the food, and be responsible for food quality.
- Follow and enforce food and safety hygiene procedures and ensure compliance with food safety plan, including temperature monitoring.
To be successful in this role, you
- Minimum of 1-year experience working as a cook in a restaurant or café.
- Must be able to cook and handle the kitchen independently without any supervision.
- Be a person with a detailed eye for cleanliness and presentation.
- No drug using history and can pass a pre-employment drug check.
- Clean police record.
- Be able to work in late hours.
In return Days Bays Pavilion will offer:
A stable position in Lower Hutt, Wellington.
A supportive and friendly team environment.
Competitive pay rate & good hours.
- Pay range would be $27.76- $27.76 per hour.
- Minimum of 40 hours and maximum of 50 hours per week
Appropriate work visa is required for non-resident/citizen applicants.
If you are willing to work at Lower Hutt in Wellington on a long-term basis, and have the necessary attributes above, you are welcome to upload your CV with a cover letter by clicking "APPLY" now. Please also state your immigration status while you apply.
BACK TO LISTING