Work Location: Auckland Region
Employment type: Full time (minimum 30 hours/per week, Monday to Saturday), Permanent role
Our pay: $28-$30 per hour depending on skills and experience
We are a construction company based in Auckland
We are now looking for 2-3 Carpenters to join our supportive team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right people and will allow access into a reputable and experienced company.
Tasks you may carry out:
- Read and understand specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans
- Prepare project work procedure and determine dimensions and materials required
- Plan the order and selection of timbers and other materials, and prepare layouts
- Shape and cut materials to specified measurements, using hand or power tools
- Assemble and nail prepared parts to form framework or structures for constructing buildings or internal fittings
- Erect roof and window framing, build internal walls and partitions, make staircases and layout sub-flooring/floorboards
- Build and install stairways, doors and window boards and fascia panels
- Remove and repair existing fittings, conduct renovation and maintenance service for the wood structures
- Complete concrete formwork when required
- To able to work with plastic laminates and metal materials when required
To be successful you will need to:
- Have at least one year solid relevant experience, or
- Have a relevant NZ Level 4 qualification in Carpentry or equivalent qualifications/certificates
- Be a great team player, be able to follow instructions
- Be physically fit and willingness to work hard
- Good eye for details and an ability to solve problems practically and effectively
- have "can-do" attitude
Our goal is to inspire people more than managing them. We trust our teams to do what they think is best for us. In return, you will have this opportunity to gain more skills and techniques with our experienced team and improve your skills and way of working.
If you are interested in this role, please send through your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residence or a valid NZ work visa. Please tell us your visa status when applying for this role.
BACK TO LISTING