Smart Environmental is New Zealand's largest Kiwi owned and operated waste and recycling company. We have been in business for over 25 years and are justifiably proud of our people, history and customer service.
If you are looking for more variety, with a great hourly rate and a good team environment, then look no further! We are looking for a Refuse Transfer Station (RTS) Operator to work at our Mariri Refuse Transfer Station. This position is suited to someone able to work unsupervised, likes helping people and has strong operational skills.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Assisting members of the public at RTS site
• Operate POS system for all RTS transactions
• Operate RTS plant and machinery
• Maintain plant
• Keep facility clean and tidy
• Record keeping
• Comply with company Health & Safety protocols
• Some heavy lifting maybe required.
We need a superstar who:
• A proven driving record – F Endorsement / Wheels ,Tracks & Rollers endorsement. You must have your own transport.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• High-quality customer service and attention to detail
• Pride in the maintenance and presentation of workplace and equipment
• Flexible in working hours as this role does include some weekend work and potentially some public holidays.
• A good level of computer literacy
• Show commitment to safe work practices
As we take the health and safety of our team and those around us seriously, successful candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical, alongside a Ministry of Justice check.
Perks of joining SMART
We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We can also offer:
• A stable working environment with a reliable and fast growing Company
• Uniform and safety gear provided
• Competitive remuneration
Please note that due to NZ immigration requirements we are obliged to consider candidates that already have the right to work in New Zealand for this role first. Due to this we may not be able to support a visa application for this role.