One of the famous Asian cuisine franchises in New Zealand is looking for two to three full time cooks to assist our chef in Auckland
You'll be responsible for:
● Cooking meals and seasoning of food during cooking;
● Portioning of food, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes;
● Coordinate with Chefs and other kitchen staff on food preparations such as marinating, making sauces, etc.
● Preparing food to meet special dietary requirements;
● Checking the food and ingredients stocks and ensure quality;
● Securing food and ingredients are stored in temperature-controlled facilities;
● Assisting in receiving incoming goods from suppliers;
● Regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment;
● Ensuring all equipment and work environments are operational. Report any damaged or non-operational equipment;
● Imparting knowledge and may train other kitchen staff and apprentices;
● Adhering to the policies and procedures i.e. uniform hygiene.
Having at least one year of cooking experience in busy kitchens or relevant qualifications. A person who is fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese will have an advantage. An understanding of how to contribute to the running of a kitchen in an efficient manner.
Ability to rise up to a position of responsibility.
This is a permanent full-time position with minimum guaranteed hours of 30 hours per week, $27.76 per hour.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are interested in joining our team, Apply Now!!!
The application will close on 10 August 2022BACK TO LISTING