Our client represents the most well recognized high end, premium Spa brand. For over thirty years, they have sold this premium spa brand, via a national chain of showrooms, which now has grown to 24 branches in NZ and Australia. Proudly designed and manufactured, with a commitment to quality and service, they have gained market leader status, both in NZ and internationally.
On their behalf, we are looking for a highly motivated Purchasing & Inventory Controller to join their talented Albany based team and oversees the Purchasing and Inventory Control function.
This role holds responsibility for the procurement of products for resale in both New Zealand and Australia. It will involve the purchase and management of inventory movements, into and from multiple locations, around both New Zealand and Australia and the optimisation of inventory levels.
As the key person, you will manage the purchasing function, maintain the integrity of the inventory system, optimise inventory levels, analyse and report across the function and identify processes to improve efficiency in this area of the business.
The purchasing function in this role is relatively straight forward. The focus will be on continuous assessment of the company’s inventory levels, to ensure that they meet demand and optimising the inventory / purchasing process to achieve this.
There is plenty of work to be done and will suit someone who is looking to grow in responsibility and has a hunger to make an impact on a business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identification and assessment of demand requirements, ensuring seasonal products, products for events, and high demand products are consistently stock ed
- Optimisation and consolidating containers with container plan
- Place purchase orders on suppliers and follow through to fulfilment of the order
- Track and manage expected delivery dates with suppliers
- Ensure over- or under-supply by suppliers, is resolved promptly, and work with Accounts Payable, Warehouse and suppliers
- Manage shipment traffic of all products between all locations, ensuring stock integrity is maintained including all Intercompany transactions
- Monitor delivery, lead times, pricing, supplier billing
- Ensure fulfilment of sales orders, transfer orders and Intercompany orders
- Ensure purchase orders match supplier billing before accounts processing
- Proactive management of all exceptions including backorders, overdue Purchase Orders, changes, over/undersupply by Vendor
- Maintain the Inventory master file ensure new products are loaded
- Maintain the Vendor price file
- Maintain classification of all inventory products available to order through the eCommerce store and the Dealer portal
- Manage stockholding levels in multiple locations
- Transfer and receipting of inventory in/out of offsite locations
- Conduct cyclic and annual stocktakes, investigating stock discrepancies.
- Ensure the maintenance and integrity of records on the vendor Masterfile
- Create and manage all bundles, assemblies, kits and bills-of-materials, identifying and assessing demand requirements and managing stock levels and works orders in all locations
- Supplier performance reporting and escalate unresolved supplier issues as required
- Manage intercompany inventory movements (between the NZ & Australia businesses)
- Arrange all logistics to expedite FCL, LCL, air freight and local purchases in an efficient manner
- Work on WMS system project, including the creation of bin locations and RF scanning
- Involvement in systems analysis and further enhancement of company’s systems and processes
- A strong understanding of all Purchasing/ Inventory Control processes
- Experience working with both local and offshore Vendors and Freight Forwarders
- Knowledge of and experience with freight, logistics including all import|export documentation
- Adopts a “can-do”, solution focussed attitude that supports sales deliverables
- Well-developed computer skills, with confidence in Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Optimizing use of systems for process effectiveness
- Knowledge of NetSuite or similar ERP
- Understanding of warehouse operations
- Experience with WMS and inventory allocation systems
- Knowledge of MPI and DG regulations
- Ability to use logical thinking with container load plans and stock ordering levels
- Clear knowledge of pricing margins and foreign exchange calculations
- Experience with intercompany sales and purchases
- Be process driven, organised, strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Lateral thinker – able to work through any issue
- Thrives on a busy environment, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a team
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines while working under pressure.
The role will be based in their Head Office, amongst a very smart, supportive group of professionals, who share the same vision and passion for uncompromising quality and service. They are a lively bunch of focused individuals that have built a really supportive team
If you are keen on adding value to a business, then this could the role for you.
To find out more, please apply by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button.
BACK TO LISTING