Salary Range: $27.76 - $45 per hour depends on skills and experience
Location: In Auckland range
Minimum hours per week: 40 hours at least
The role will include, but not limited to:
- Uses machines to remove earth.
- Operates dragline, clamshell and other excavating machines.
- Dumps earth into trucks.
- Dredges lakes, streams, and swamps; hauls mud.
- Operates trucks, dump trucks, and bulldozers.
- Operates landfill compaction equipment.
- Covers refuse in sanitary landfill.
- Supervises labourers and equipment operators in excavating work.
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software in performing work assignments.
- Prepares etching solution according to formula.
- Perform activities such as backfilling excavations, vibrating or breaking rock or concrete, and making winter roads.
- Lubricates, adjusts, and repairs machinery, and replaces parts such as gears, bearings, and bucket teeth.
- Set up and inspect equipment.
- Measures and verifies levels of rock or gravel, bases, and other excavated material.
- Moves materials over short distances, such an around a construction site, factory, or warehouse.
What you'll need to succeed:
You must have at least one years' proven experience in digger operation or in relevant occupations
Trustworthy, reliable, team player with good communication skills
Physically fit, hard-working, can handle the pressure on site and be able to work extended hours, if required
Excellent work ethic and great time management
Attention to detail. Initiative to learn and upskill
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and your work rights (whether you are a NZ citizen or a visa holder) through My Job Space.
BACK TO LISTING