Carpenter’s Assistants Wanted
We are a well-established construction company, started in 2021. We love to employ locally and have a great team who are eager to build their skills within the trade. We value our team members and empower them to grow and develop in their personal & career goals.
Work Location and Vacancy details
Permanent Positions, Full-time (minimum 40 hours/per week, from Monday to Friday)
Number of Vacancies: 10-15 people
Tasks & responsibilities
- Assisting in setting up the job site and preparing the layouts
- Helping with cutting and shaping wood parts for installation
- Assisting in erecting and fitting wood structures
- Erecting wood panels and frames during installation and joinery fitting as instructed
- Hardware installation
- Assisting with timber floor and ceilings installation
- Assisting with identifying hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair
- Conducting general repair/renovation tasks including removing doors, fixing locks, and demolish existing fittings etc as instructed
- Using equipment, machinery & tools in a responsible & safe manner
- Clean work area, maintain job tools and machines daily after the work is done
What do you need?
- Prior work experience is not required but would be an advantage
- Good eye for detail and an ability to learn fast
- A "can-do" attitude
- Reasonable level of fitness and willingness to work hard
- No criminal convictions
- Work with a great team that focuses on delivering excellence
- Reputable company that truly values what you contribute
- Good pay between $27.76-$28.00 per hour
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV or details to us: email@example.com.
Please note your visa status in the cover letter if you are not a New Zealand Citizen or Resident.
BACK TO LISTING