Telecommunications Cablers (Fibre Optic)
Pay Rate: $25 to $28 Per Hour, based on experience
Permanent, Full Time Role
Guaranteed Minimum of 30 Hours per week (Monday to Friday, rostered Saturdays)
Minimum 3 years’ experience in Fibre Optic cabling required.
We are a service delivery partner to Chorus Network, Downer, Civtec and UCG. We are seeking experienced Telecommunications Cablers (Fibre Optic) to help build and maintain our clients’ fibre optic networks. We have projects running across North and South Island and are looking to fill a number of vacancies in the following regions:
Bay of Plenty
You will need to be open to relocating between the regions at reasonable notice. The cost of relocation between the regions and temporary accommodation will be paid by the company.
You will need experience in and be responsible for the following:
- All aspects of Telecommunications network (NGA / UFB)
- Read and design network plans to determine positioning and connections for equipment to be installed
- Installation / repair and provisioning of Fibre (FTTH) and Ultrafast broadband (UFB), MDU, SDU & ROW
- Installing and configuring telecommunications and data transmission equipment such as ONT, Router/Modem etc
- Working both inside and outside of buildings, commercial and domestic
- Tracing and locating underground cable faults
- Cable laying, Blowing, Splicing, Trenching, Troubleshooting
- Performing outside boundary remediation (OSB) to fix underground faults on both concrete and soft surfaces
Must be able to work unsupervised and within a team. Strong communication skills are required (oral and written) for liaising with clients and providers, calling in faults and filling in reports.
You will have the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a relevant Telecommunications environment
- Knowledge and understanding of NGA designs & as-builts
- A good understanding of health and safety
- Clean, valid and Full Driver’s License
- No criminal record
Candidates who have the following (or similar) will be preferred:
- First Aid knowledge
- Traffic control and Site Traffic Management certificates
- Network know-how courses
This job is strenuous and physical. You will need to be fit and healthy.
You will have the following: At least 3 years’ experience in a relevant Telecommunications environment Knowledge and understanding of NGA designs & as-builts A good understanding of health and safety Clean, valid and Full Driver’s License No criminal record Drug-free Candidates who have the following (or similar) will be preferred: First Aid knowledge Traffic control and Site Traffic Management certificates Network know-how courses This job is strenuous and physical. You will need to be fit and healthy.
BACK TO LISTING