Civil Project Manager – Waitaki/Oamaru/Dunedin
Do you have a background in Civil Engineering, Contract Management or Project Management? This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to further their career in the Civil sector or for an experienced Civil PM to grow their skillset into senior management positions.
This award-winning tier 2 civil construction business in North Otago who partner with some of the industry’s biggest names are looking for a Civil Project Manager. Candidates from a Junior background (cadets) or experienced PM's are encouraged to reach out to find out if this could be the catalyst in progressing with a business who focus on your well being and goals.
Candidates in the Waitaki region are highly regarded, however there are options for those looking for flexible working locations. They have a Depot in Dunedin which can help with remote working when available.
They hold various contracts for Roading, Drainage/Wastewater as well as Surfacing, Landscaping and Vegetation control sectors. With large investments from the council alongside their own contracts the pipeline for work is very exciting with no day being the same.
Their current workload includes Pavements rehabs, inter section upgrades and water mains upgrades with plenty of contracts upcoming.
The successful applicant would be well supported by the Divisional Manager Oamaru and the Executive Management team.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive remuneration package ranging from $90k for those less experienced up to $120k for suitable candidates
- Relocation Assistance – NZ based Candidates.
- Tools of trade
- Be part of Key Projects in a stable Civil construction entity who will invest in your career
- Split between Office and Site
Lead the pricing, planning and tendering for projects and management of resources within budget while also ensuring that all targets are met safely. Other key responsibilities include;
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Identify and solve problems/faults in the field
- Manage project resources
- Risk and opportunity analysis and management
- Develop efficient work teams
- Ensure progress of projects is on track using appropriate technologies
- Key reporting on ongoing projects to senior management
Skills & Experience Required
- Ideally BE, BEngTech, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in civil construction, roading and 3 waters projects
- Experience in Tendering in Local Authority’s, NZTA and private works
- Being adaptable, flexible, and having the capacity to cope with multiple projects
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
- The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
Keen on the position? Want to know further details? Get in touch with us to get our tailor made candidate briefing pack which highlights the ins and outs of the business, role and area. Apply to the position now or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org / 027 752 8400.
We look forward to hearing from you!Project ManagerContract ManagerOamaru
BACK TO LISTING