Multi Skilled Handy person
- Jack of all trades
- Handy with tools
- 40 hours per week
We are looking for a skilled handyperson for commercial maintenance work within the Auckland Region. You provide full time maintenance support as part of the Facilities Management team.
Ideally you will have several years’ experience in carpentry and happy to be customer facing and someone who enjoys working in a team to achieve high quality results.
Applicant will need to demonstrate ability to undertake multiple different tasks to a high degree of workmanship.
Building Service Contractors of NZ (BSCNZ) is the trade association for the NZ Cleaning industry - we represent many employers who require the services of Commercial Cleaners and associated services throughout NZ.
You will be employed directly by one of our Members who will provide you with an Employment Agreement.
Please highlight in your CV all relevant experience you may have. Short Description
In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of the l facility
Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures. The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures and basic tools and appliances.
To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills. Responsibilities include
You will ideally have
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including painting, plastering, carpentry, minor repairs.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
- Fix window and door hardware
- Medium sized carpentry duties such as desks, decks, partitions, sheds, interior linings
- Assistance with trades
- Painting and plastering experience preferable
- Understanding of HSEQ
- Knowledge of Building and Code Compliance
- Understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- The physical capability to undertake this manual job
- The availability to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- A tidy presentation
- FULL NZ Drivers licence
- Excellent workmanship
- Your own tools
If you are looking for a new challenge with lots of variety and you meet the above criteria - please apply BSCNZ will receive your application online, coordinate the necessary details and forward your application to the Employer on your behalf.By applying for this opportunity, you consent for BSCNZ to collect information relevant to your application from you, your referees, Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and any other related party. The information collected will be shared with the potential employer.We look forward to hearing from you.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28-32.00/ hour depending on experience
To Apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
(please include the Job ID) or Freephone 0800 253 264 asking for Karen
BACK TO LISTING