HVAC Design Engineer - This is an opportunity to be a key part of the product development process and utilise your mechanical knowledge and design skills.
International HVAC company that is a leading manufacturer, distributor and exporter of innovative Air Conditioning and Ventilation products. They are leading the way in HVAC design and innovation, dedicated to innovating solutions to reduce the environmental impact of air conditioning.
They are looking for an experienced Design Engineer for their Mangere operation.
Join this rapidly growing team and develop your knowledge and experience and be part of their exciting future.
As a Design Engineer you will be part of the high performing team reporting to the Engineering Manager. Develop and implement new industry leading product from concepts through to production.
- Propose and develop product solutions in response to client enquiries, tenders, or needs analysis
- Develop energy system concepts, plant configurations and layouts in conjunction with Engineering
- Distil and detail requirements from the projects design brief into a clear design requirement with limits and task plan.
- Review specification, drawings, and related documents to enable suitable product selections
- Assist the Engineering manager to capture knowledge, and ensure knowledge is shared amongst the team.
- Work closely with the R&D team to ensure design limits and performance specifications are recorded, understood, and achieved.
- Work with the Compliance and Test Engineering Manager to ensure products are developed in line with relevant compliance regulations and test procedures.
- Represent your project at PSG, take the lead to present project status and risk on project updates.
What’s On Offer:
- Competitive salary - Dependent on experience.
- Opportunity to work for a leading HVAC manufacturer to achieve career development
- Long-term employment benefits
- Work with a close-knit high performing team.
- A great company culture and work environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in a design role
- Mechanical background would be great
- Experience in product design for manufacture preferably in the refrigeration or HVAC industry
- Knowledge and experience of production systems
- Knowledge of BOM systems and MRP
- Strong CAD and simulation software skills
- Inventor experience would be ideal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient presentation skills
- Experience in a sheet-metal related industry preferred
- Project management experience would be beneficial but not a requirement
This role is a fantastic career opportunity, and this is a company that you will want to stay and grow with.
Don’t Miss Out!
How to Apply:
Please click the "APPLY NOW" button.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted; this will happen within one week of your application.
Overseas applications will be considered.