This company is New Zealand's largest privately owned hydraulic engineering company, with branches in Auckland, Christchurch, Melbourne, Brisbane and a locally based representatives in Dunedin & Nelson. They specialise in hydraulic system design, specification and component selection, servicing and maintenance of existing plant and equipment.
This role is located at their Auckland Head Office.
They import products from manufacturers in Europe, USA & Asia to support the local market.
They also have a manufacturing division utilising CNC milling machines to produce hydraulic cartridge valve manifold technology.
Their goal is to be a successful business by providing the best product support, technical support and customer service in the NZ hydraulic industry.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, the position overview involves the design & project manage hydraulic systems & assist with technical enquiries. The work is varied & ranges from component specification through to design & project managing the manufacture, installation & commissioning of large mobile or industrial systems. They are looking for someone with a positive attitude to ensure all customer’s receive excellent service and support.
• Completing designs, quotes & tenders to secure work.
• Finalise designs & project manage jobs through manufacture, assembly, installation & commissioning. This will sometimes involve working alongside their in-house electrical team & managing service technicians working on jobs.
• Maintain good working relationships with clients & help negotiate resolutions when issues arise.
• Technically assist other staff within the wider company group.
• Occasional travel out of town will be required. This may include project presentations, commissioning, or other work as applicable.
• Completing relevant training to maintain and build your own skill set.
• Good all round attitude & ability to get on with others.
• Strong technical understanding of hydraulic product, systems and application.
• Computer literacy with competence / experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD & Solidworks.
• Some understanding of electric and electronic systems would be of assistance.
• Some hands on ability with regard to mechanical assembly, piping & hosing would be an advantage for some projects.
• Good communication & time management skills with attention to detail.
The Hydraulic / Project Engineer needs to be able to design complex hydraulic systems. They have a dedicated Hydraulic / Project Engineer but their workload is such that they need to be able to delegate projects.
Applicants must be able to read and interpret hydraulic schematic diagram, plans and designs.
The company will provide a sui remuneration package appropriate to the applicant. The work environment is friendly, flexible & has a strong team atmosphere.
The business has a group of companies & often opportunities arise for those with sui attitude & drive to advance their career.
This company has gain accreditation with Immigration New Zealand and therefor able to recruit sui persons from offshore that meet Immigration NZ skills criteria.
Applicants will need an Engineering qualification that is recognised in NZ and a very strong knowledge of Hydraulics.
If this role sounds like you, please send a full and detailed Resume along with a covering letter of application outlining your abilities as it relates to this role. You may be asked to provide examples of your previous work.
BACK TO LISTING