Experts in product design, along with innovative thinking, dedication, and commitment, has led this company to be the world leader, for engineering audio systems, that are enjoyed around the globe, by those who appreciate acoustic excellence.
And the really cool thing is, that they have their biggest Engineering team, based here in Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand.
They design world class products and do this by having the right people behind them. They are committed to bringing talent into their business, and in 2022, they are looking to appoint 2 -3 Embedded Software Engineers, ranging from level 2 to level 4.
They will be responsible for designing and developing embedded software solutions for Marine products, particular Audio Entertainment solutions.
They work with several cutting edge technologies in Marine: sonar, radar, chartplotters, GIS, sensors, cameras, transducers and much more.
So, if you have been thinking about your next career step, you should definitely read on.
What is great about them?
- Global company working on cutting edge technologies in audio entertainment
- They are as passionate about their people, as they are about their products.
- The work is interesting, with great variety, and ownership over projects
- An amazing company culture. Relaxed yet focused and passionate about what they do.
- Benefits galore (Medical, life, income protection, travel insurances 4% Kiwisaver, purchase discounts and share purchase options, which is a great investment)
- Ongoing training and career development. Even if you stay there for 10 years.
- Remuneration for Level 2/3 Engineers from $90K - $130K
- Remuneration for Level 4 Engineers from $125 - $150K
The Role: The opportunity is for inquisitive engineers who have the creativity and skills to both build and debug functions that most people do not know exist, but are crucial to making industry-leading products.
Functions of the Role:
- Research, Design, and Develop embedded C and C++ software solutions fit for the marine market.
- Write and debug C/C++ code on embedded platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionalities as part of a software project
- Use software and hardware debugging tools to troubleshoot problems
- Bring up software on bare boards and validate platform performance
- Participate in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action for given problems
- Communicates status of work clearly providing visibility to supervisor or mentor
- Evaluate appropriate application of new and existing technology, offer suggestions to improve product offerings and features
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Working on embedded software of hardware devices (
- Experience from 2 year right through to 10+ years.
- Previous experience developing and debugging embedded systems
- Preferably from within a comparable consumer electronics industry.
- Any Audio experience will get you the golden ticket!
- Experience in evaluating and improving embedded software performance
- Familiarity or experience with user interface design and development
- Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop complex software in C or C++
- Embedded Linux and/or Yocto experience is preferred
- Experience with relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers, emulators, simulators logic analyzers)
- Demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software requirements.
- Engineering degree
- A great attitude. Team player who is keen to contribute
If you are thinking about your next move…. And the above sounds like something that could be of interest to you, then call me.
Our client has some serious growth plans for 2022 and are looking for experience software engineering talent at all levels.
Please click the "APPLY NOW" button.
Please note, we will only contact those that are shortlisted. This will happen within one week of your application.
BACK TO LISTING