Tornado Industries is a well-established and highly successful manufacturer and distributor of high-quality Steel Gates. A Kiwi owned family operated business based in Christchurch, offering a wide range of gates to the rural market including the biggest Deer Gate range New Zealand. Some of the products manufactured are Sheep, Cattle and Deer Gates which is mass produced. We also specialize in making Sheep and Cattle Yard Gates.
We are currently looking to hire full time staff to work in the Factory and be a part of a small productive team. This role is hands on and will suit someone who enjoys staying active throughout the job. You will be required to prepare and install chain-link netting onto pipe frames by lacing and having a strong focus on accuracy, high productivity, excellent quality as well as health and safety.
The team is friendly and very supportive so you won’t be left trying to figure out things on your own. Just carry loads of positive attitude with you to work every day !
Why Join Us
- We are a progressive and a stable business.
- Attractive Pay Rate on Offer
- Great company culture and friendly team across all our wider business divisions
- We are proud of our achievements and standards of professionalism
About the Job
- Handle wire and steel products safely and efficiently
- Lace netting to gate frames and other similar work as directed.
- Operator all hand tools, machinery and test equipment appropriately and safely
- Work cohesively with team members and others to identify and eliminate problems in the installation process and assist in the improvements of installation procedures and productivity.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy and safe working environment wherever work is being performed
- Full NZ Driving License (Preferred)
- Preferred experience in the handling of steel or heavy products.
- Preferred experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Willing to undergo our free Pre-Employment Medical assessment
- High level of accuracy, quality and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised using sound judgement and initiative.
- Excellent work ethic including punctuality, reliability and output.
- Commitment to high standards of excellence.
- Integrity, discretion and resilience.
- Demonstrates openness, enthusiasm and engagement.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Must be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting is required.
- Able to work additional hours, including weekends, required from time to time
If the above sounds like you and you're keen to apply then please submit your CV online and I will be in touch with you.
All applicants must have full time legal work rights in NZ.
BACK TO LISTING