Job Title: Nurse Unit Manager - Oncology
Location: QueenslandHours: Permanent - Full-time (76 hrs per fort-night)Salary: On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $62.42 – 66.93 exclusive of allowances, penalties and superannuation- dependent on experience.
About this opportunity
The Nurse Unit Manager will be responsible for the safe, efficient and effective management of the day to day operations of the Oncology Department. This responsibility directly involves the management and accountability of human and material resources for the group of clinical services delivered through their department. This will be achieved through optimal patient outcomes and service delivery through coordination, direction and personal contribution.
What you’ll be doing:
(But not limited to):
• Positively influences the need for professionalism and a prompt response to patient’s needs and expectations inpatients and outpatients on active treatment or palliative care treatment.
• Ensures patient’s needs have been identified, documented and actioned as appropriate.
• Utilises open and consultative change management processes.
• Utilises benchmarking and networking opportunities to continually improve oncology services.
• Embraces change and empowers and supports staff through the implementation of change processes.
• Provide financial management, budget preparation and cost control within the group of clinical services.
• Monitor, review and act to ensure material resource levels are within the agreed budget.
• Facilitates the implementation of innovative models of care that promote continuity of patient care within the oncology framework.
• Facilitates chemotherapy and radiology education activities to meet learning needs of patient / families and oncology staff.
• Regularly monitors and reviews standard of oncology and nursing practice.
Skills & experience required for this Nurse Unit Manager - Oncology opportunity
To be appointed to this role, you will have:
• Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulations Agency (AHPRA);
• Minimum four (4) years’ relevant experience in an acute care facility;
• Knowledge and experience of the Oncology Departments requirements and standards;
• Prior comparable experience in a leadership/supervisory role in a health care environment.
• Postgraduate qualifications in nursing ideally within the designated area of nursing;
• Membership and active participation in relevant or professional organisation/association;
• Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, human resource and business skills.
How to apply:
Don't miss out on this exciting new opportunity.
Simply apply to this advert with your CV and Carejobz Healthcare Recruitment Experts will contact you for a chat.
Is this role not what you are looking for?
We have the most healthcare jobs in the industry right here: www.carejobz.com
Know someone looking for a new job in healthcare?
Refer a friend to us and if we place them in a new job, We will send you a Prezzy Card to say thank you.Carejobz - Healthcare Recruitment Experts, placing professionals into new jobs every day across New Zealand & Australia
BACK TO LISTING