OTEL - Onehunga Transport Engineering Ltd
PO Box 13-816, Onehunga 1643 New Zealand.
Auckland, New Zealand
Welder Fabricator - Truck & Trailer Body Builder
23-35 per hour
Engineering, Trades & services
Full time, Part time, Contractor
OTEL – Onehunga Transport Engineering Limited is well known for its high quality truck and trailer builds. We also offer repairs and maintenance on trucks and trailers, general engineering and we are the NZ and Pacific Agents for the USA made Altec Aerial devices.
We need an experienced Welder and Fitter with previous truck and/or trailer building experience.
Box bodies, curtain siders, crane flat decks, tipper bodies, service trucks, vegetation bin trucks, truck mounted EWP, etc.
Your daily work will focus on engineering solutions, welding, fitting and fabrication. It will involve the use of MIG welders, our guillotine and folding machine, press brake, etc. along with other engineering tools and machines.
- Have 5 to 10 years experience in truck or trailer body building.
- Be proficient in ASNZS 2980 - in all positions
- Be proficient in MIG & TIG welding
- Heavy Fabrication Engineering Trade qualifications, Level 4 an advantage
- Work to specifications and be confident in reading CAD drawings
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic experience an advantage
- Experience in General Engineering repairs and maintenance
- High quality workmanship and time management
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving and creative design
- Excellent listening and learning skills – open to new ideas and coaching
- Have your own tools
- Be DRUG FREE!
A full car licence is a must along with forklift certificate if you have one. A Class 2 licence would be an advantage.
You should come with references showing evidence of a strong work ethic, be hardworking, reliable, with a team focus and be punctual and well organised.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to develop your general engineering, fabrication and welding skills in a supportive and friendly environment.
Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment medical, drugs screen, Ministry of Justice checks and hold a New Zealand Passport.
If you think you've got what it takes to perform well in our business, then your first step is to send me a cover letter by email and attach your CV (with 2 references) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call me on 0212233481
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.