We require a chef/cook who is passionate about preparing healthy, nutritious meals for children from 3 mths – 5 years in our new purpose built childcare centre in Sunnynook, North Shore. The role is 38 hours per week.
You will be required to cook 80 children daily and you will require a specific skill set. Ideally the successful applicants will have:
· A warm, approachable and positive attitude who values relationships with our teachers, children and whanau.
· Excellent communication skills to work effectively with staff, parents and management.
· Ideally confident on the computer in order to fulfil food orders/deliveries and maintain your food budgets.
· Experience cooking for large groups or previous experience in an early childhood centre is an advantage.
· This is an extremely busy role and you will be required to be on your feet all day so good health and well-being is essential.
· Commitment to attend “cooks days out” to collaborate with our other chefs
· Advantage to understand the food safety act compliance requirements
· Have a food handling certificate.
· Clean Police vet, we will undertake this as part of your application.
Applicants for this position will have NZ residency or a valid work visa.