Think you have got what it takes to be part of the Nerve Center? Do you have the ability to keep calm in a crisis scenario and still be able to communicate effectively with business and technical communities? Do you possess a can- do attitude, are highly motivated with excellent communication, organisational, and time-management skills? Are you available to work 24x7?
Who we're looking for?
We are seeking an experienced engineer with a good understanding of the Mobile Radio Access network. We need a self-starter who can proactively monitor mobile sites, and communicate in real time any service impact on customer experiences. We need someone with high intellect, strong resilience, and common sense and well-tuned analytical skills. You will also be in-charge of managing and troubleshooting incidents impacting service performance. You are responsible for the timely engagement and escalation to Support teams if, and when necessary. You will also be responsible for NodeB Configuration, Performance Monitoring and other Project work in the mobile network.
Experience working with at least one of the following vendors are essential: Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, and Huawei.
In this role, we have to make sure our eyes on glass round the clock so you have to be available 24x7.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of service performance across the mobile network and understanding in real time the impact of service degradation on customer experiences across key customer journeys.
- First response to and management of any incident impacting service performance and implementation of defined MOPs/ SOPs to agreed Service Levels.
- Managing customer coverage and quality complaints.
- Maintain network at its best performance using parameters and tools available to the NOC team.
- Manage parameter level special events and network traffic events.
- Provide feedback on capacity management.
- Ensure correct network coverage and capacity are deployed in the network.
- Mobile Network Configuration, Field, or NOC experience.
- RF experience highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Technology e.g. BE or BTech or BSc.
- Familiar with use of various RF and tracing tools: TrueCall, Actix, Nemo, Atoll, Probe, Assistant, Wireshark, and IRIS.
- Spark aims to be the place where the smartest, most digitally savvy talent wants to work, in an inclusive, and diverse workplace.
- Competitive salary.
- Career development and training opportunities.
- Spark Products: Attractive Spark account credit, Spark Store discounts, as well as a wide range of discounted partner products and services among New Zealand's most well-known retailers.
- Spark Share: Access to our employee share scheme.
- Spark Cover: Free life and income protection insurance, and discounted health insurance.
- Option to access great value holiday homes, and healthcare reimbursements through Marram Trust.
- Individual emphasis on corporate social responsibility and community involvement through the Spark Foundation (including volunteer days).
- Career breaks, summer hours, and extended annual leave purchasing.
There's never been a better time to join us - apply now!