Our company will be opening its very first sushi store and we are looking for passionate
management staff for our Japanese style takeaway sushi store at Countdown Moorehouse. We can offer good career prospects to suitable applicants.
We have a full time position available for a experienced Sushi Store Manager.
Restaurant managers oversee the hiring of staff/s and is expected to review all job applications and conduct interviews. He/She also oversee securing the store during times store is not in operation. Managers also are responsible for securely storing or depositing store revenue.
You will need to be able to lead by example , multi task in a hands on role and have the following skills and experience:
- Manage overall day to day operations of the store, including hiring, reviewing, and employee scheduling.
- Assist in planning annual or specific budgets.
- Marketing, financial and business management skills.
- Develop rapport and make connections with the retail team and customers.
- Set and track retail goals and objectives.
- Make sure shops comply with health and safety regulations.
- Sales skills
- Knowledge of Consumer Guarantees Act.
- Cash-handling and math skills.
- Ensure food is prepared and cooked to set company specifications;
- Plan budgets and rosters.
- Organise food and beverage events, promotions and advertising.
- Good understanding of current licensing and employment laws.
- Ability to plan and organise catering for functions such as weddings or conferences.
- Awareness of competitors' prices and services, and market trends.
We also have positions available for SUSHI MAKERS.
We operate on a 7 day roster so you must be available for weekends, week days and public holidays.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.