Greymouth Petroleum is a leading New Zealand owned oil and gas production company, with operations based in Taranaki, New Zealand. Greymouth holds a significant development portfolio in the Taranaki Basin. CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT
We are seeking an experienced Corporate Accountant to join our team, to be based in our Auckland (preferred) or Bell Block offices. As a member of the Finance team the Corporate Accountant will be responsible for tax, financial reporting and financial forecasting for the Greymouth Petroleum group. Key Responsibilities
Experience and knowledge required:
- Preparation of tax returns and deferred tax calculations and day-to-day liaison with the IRD and external tax advisors.
- Consolidation of the monthly management accounts, including trend and variance analysis.
- Preparation of annual financial statements for all companies and liaison with auditors.
- Development and maintenance of the financial models for the annual budgeting, quarterly and longer-term forecasting of financial performance.
- Review and improvement of existing financial processes and controls.
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years’ work experience, ideally but not necessarily within the oil and gas industry.
- Sound knowledge of NZ taxation.
- A self-starter who can manage conflicting priorities with minimal day-to-day supervision, can communicate effectively and has an ability to develop strong working relationships.
- A high degree of computer literacy, including strong excel skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a great team. At Greymouth you can apply your knowledge and make a difference. To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 12 November 2018.