Do you want a fresh Start
Are you sick of not having enough hours?
Are you looking to come home?
Do you want a fresh Start?
If you answered yes to any of these we want to hear from you, Ten Group require bricklayers in Auckland
Key to this role will be your ability to work to the highest standards while maintaining a safe workplace at all times and achieving production deadlines.
What you will need to succeed:
• Be trade qualified or have at least 5 years or more experience
• Have an extensive knowledge of bricklaying
• Be able to lay brick building materials, structural tile, concrete cinder, glass, gypsum to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches and other structures
• Be able to measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines on the working surface to lay out work
• Be able to spread soft bed of mortar that serves as base and binder for blocks using a trowel
• Be able to apply mortar to end of block and position block in mortar bed
• Be able to tap block with trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing specified thickness of joints
• Be able to remove excess mortar from face of block using a trowel
• Be able to finish mortar between brick with pointing tool or trowel
• Be able to cut or shape bricks and stones to fit spaces to small for whole units, using edge of trowel, brick hammer or cutting machines
• Be able to determine vertical and horizontal alignment gauge lines and levels
• Be able to fasten brick or terracotta veneer to face of structures with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick is an advantage
• Be confident and experienced to problem solve and work in all weather conditions
• Able to work independently
• Physically fit, have a strong work ethic and be reliable
• Have strong health & safety practices
• Have a passion for the industry
• Able to work to deadlines
• Have good communication skills
• Work to a very high standard
• A team player
• Have a current clean New Zealand driver's licence
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter - please click apply now
Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.