45C Ben Lomond Crescent, Pakuranga Heights, Auckland 2010
(09) 577 5566 (022) 626 9606
Full time, Part time, Casual, Temporary
We have an opportunity for a dedicated and talented cook to join our team starting 07/01/19. Our fully equipped kitchen is well stocked with all the right tools for you to create amazing dishes for our children
Ideally, the successful candidate will hold a current Food Handling certificate and have experience in safe food practices as required under the Food Act regulations. We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in providing well prepared, nutritious meals for our enrolled children - our centre provides care to children from a wide range of multicultural backgrounds and so the ability to provide a variety of cultural cuisine is a must.
The hours for the successful candidate are great! The role is part time – you would be working Monday to Friday, normally between 10am - 3.00pm.
Our preferred candidate will be:
• Experienced in cooking for groups, be it in a childcare centre or other environment
• Able to work well in a fast-paced environment, at times under pressure.
• Fit and active, as this is a busy role
• Excellent at communication and have skills to build rapport with parents and children
• Able to purchase to a budget
• Competent in maintaining written records in line with the Food Act requirements
• Flexible in approach, but also able to work to a daily schedule
• A real team player with a "can do" attitude
We will support you with:
• Competitive remuneration of a living wage $20.55 per hour.
• Guidance and mentoring, professional development.
• A friendly, fun team environment
If this sounds like the role for you, then please send your current CV and Cover Letter.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.