We have a very good temp/contract role (possible temp to permanent opportunity) for an experienced accounts and payroll administrator - commencing ASAP on Auckland's North Shore.
Our client is a very well established, reputable and successful leader in their field. Based in the Rosedale area, their current staff member will be leaving in around 4 weeks and they need someone to join them ASAP to facilitate a strong handover and provide cover while we work with them to find a permanent replacement; likely at an accounts/admin Team Leader level.
This role caters for a team of 40 as well as a large contract workforce of over 350. They use MYOB for both accounting and payroll and so very good MYOB skills/experience is essential as is intermediate to advanced Excel, with previous exposure to VLOOKUP a bonus but not essential.
Although formal accounting qualifications are not mandatory, as this is an intermediate temp role, again, they will be well regarded. That said, we need someone with the skills and experience to pick up this role reasonably quickly and do a very good, confident job until a permanent appointment is made.
Successful applicants must be both capable and comfortable to handle pretty much all accounts/accounting and payroll tasks and responsibilities from AP/AR, General Ledger, Recs, Trial Balance, Payroll and simple GST Returns etc.
We've included a detailed Position Description below and ask that you review this carefully to ensure you have the skills/experience required before throwing your hat in the ring. Key Responsibilities
- Debtor / Creditor processing and management
- Complete all accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions
- Match payments received / paid and reconcile outstanding transactions with customers and supplier statements
- Vet and obtain approval or challenge deduction claims
- Prepare bank payment batches for authorisation
- Credit Control and effective collection and resolution of disputes. Weekly report back to management.
- Complete daily bank balances and plan day to day cash flow
- Weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain the financial accounts and general ledger systems (to trial balance) within the target deadlines
- Perform month end accounting procedures including running and checking the draft financial reports
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts
- Maintain fixed asset register and complete recurring general ledger postings
- Provide analysis and commentary of financial accounts and reports produced
- Complete monthly payroll for both Contractors and Salaried Employees
- Administer adjustments and deductions, maintain audit trails and approvals
- Field Contractor pay queries
- Preparation and filing of tax payments and returns by the due dates
- Prepare GST and FBT returns for reviews a week before the deadline
- Complete overseas payments
- Provide support to other members of staff as and when required
- To ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times & report incidences and near misses in a timely manner.
So in closing, if you're confident you tick 90% of the boxes in terms of the skills/experience needed for this neat opportunity, are available for a start immediately (or within the next week or so) and are happy to commit to the initial 4 to 10 week assignment (with the opportunity to also apply for the permanent role if you wish), please reply URGENTLY - remembering to also attach an updated CV and a Covering Letter with your full contact details and details of at least two past verbal referees.