Our client is a successful and highly regarded company providing design, manufacture, installation and servicing of water and wastewater solutions throughout New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Based in Albany on Auckland's beautiful North Shore, they are family owned, were established more than 17 years ago and employ around 40 people.
Due to continued strong growth, they now require a new admin assistant to join their existing admin team with a variety of administrative and client related responsibilities. As with most new roles, it is expected the role will develop and evolve a little over time but some of the initial responsibilities will include:
- Preparing customer quotes
- Preparing and filing various reports
- Data entry and customer database management
- Sharing the answering of incoming phone calls
- Updating company website via content management system
- General office administration, filing, photocopying, faxing etc.
- Assisting other team members as and when required
This is a really good opportunity for a lucky job-seeker looking for a good job and a foot in the door with an excellent company who value their staff and have a great reputation for employee relations.
The person we're seeking will likely have 2+ years working in a junior/intermediate reception or office admin role in New Zealand, have good verbal and written English, a strong work ethic and good attention to detail. You will need to be a great team player, have a strong customer focus, a friendly and positive telephone manner and be happy to be responsible for and/or help with pretty much any/all office admin related tasks.
Finally, due to the nature of some of the work, it would be a bonus if the successful applicant also had some of the following:
- a reasonable head for numbers (processing quotes etc.)
- an affinity/basic understanding of some of the technical aspects of trade services
- basic understanding of (or ability to learn to read/understand) council housing/land plans
- exposure to plumbing and/or wastewater industries/trades
- good with measurements, use of rulers, scales etc.
- Chinese language skills
If you're looking for a neat job on the upper North Shore, working with a very reputable and secure company this is the opportunity for you! We're looking to secure our preferred applicant ASAP and so if you are the one we're looking for, we suggest you APPLY ONLINE
urgently remembering to attach an updated CV and Letter of Application telling us what you will bring to the role and why you are the person we're looking for!