Do you have a civil construction background? Are you passionate about health, safety and the environment (HSE)?
United Civil builds innovative civil construction projects, that sustainably benefit communities throughout the upper North Island.
Keeping our people safe at work and making sure they get home safely, is one of our key success drivers.
We seek a trades-experienced HSE Supervisor that can hit the ground running and help us keep safely delivering, award winning work.
If you agree that people are a company’s greatest asset and you want to build a system that helps us put them first – then this role might be for you.
This newly created, full-time position is physically based at Marsden Point and will report to our onsite Business Manager.
Key tasks include:
- supporting the Business Manager, Group Manager HSQE and client with onsite HSE initiatives
- building a strong safety culture and being a coach/mentor
- maintaining the onsite reporting system and promoting the importance of completing reports e.g. events, injuries, illnesses, near misses and new risks
- working with our teams to identify, eliminate and minimise risks
- completing relevant job safety analysis tasks as required
- ensuring that work completed onsite is aligned with our company’s values (excellence, people, integrity, innovation and collaboration).
We want the following:
- a recognised HSE qualification or certificate (preferably level 4 or higher, but we will consider commensurate experience)
- five years experience in a civil construction environment or similar
- an understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 plus other relevant legislation and regulations that apply in a civil/petro-chemical or similar environment
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply confidentially, please email your cover letter and resume to: Cheryl.Prince@unitedcivil.co.nz