We have a very good new role for an experienced accounts and payroll administrator - commencing ASAP on Auckland's North Shore.
Our client is a very well established, reputable and successful leader in their field. Based in the Rosedale area, their current long term staff member will be leaving soon and they need a skilled, experienced and committed replacement to join their talented and friendly team.
This role caters for a team of 40 as well as a large contract workforce of over 350. They use MYOB for both accounting and payroll and so very good MYOB skills/experience is essential as is intermediate to advanced Excel, with previous exposure to VLOOKUP a bonus but not mandatory. A formal accounting qualification is not a prerequisite but will be well regarded.
Successful applicants must be both capable and comfortable to handle pretty much all accounts/accounting and payroll tasks and responsibilities from AP/AR, General Ledger, Recs, Trial Balance, Payroll and simple GST Returns etc. as although there is a small accounts team, you will also be very hands on.
We've included a detailed Position Description below and ask that you review this carefully to ensure you have the skills/experience required before throwing your hat in the ring. Key Responsibilities
- Debtor / Creditor processing and management
- Complete all accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions
- Match payments received / paid and reconcile outstanding transactions with customers and supplier statements
- Vet and obtain approval or challenge deduction claims
- Prepare bank payment batches for authorisation
- Credit Control and effective collection and resolution of disputes. Weekly report back to management.
- Complete daily bank balances and plan day to day cash flow
- Weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain the financial accounts and general ledger systems (to trial balance) within the target deadlines
- Perform month end accounting procedures including running and checking the draft financial reports
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts
- Maintain fixed asset register and complete recurring general ledger postings
- Provide analysis and commentary of financial accounts and reports produced
- Complete monthly payroll for both Contractors and Salaried Employees
- Administer adjustments and deductions, maintain audit trails and approvals
- Field Contractor pay queries
- Preparation and filing of tax payments and returns by the due dates
- Prepare GST and FBT returns for reviews a week before the deadline
- Complete overseas payments
- Provide support to other members of staff as and when required
- To ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times & report incidences and near misses in a timely manner.
So in closing, if you're confident you tick 90% of the boxes in terms of the skills/experience needed for this very good opportunity, please APPLY ONLINE URGENTLY
, remembering to attach an updated CV and Covering Letter with your full contact details and details of at least two verbal referees.