MacFarlane & Murray are a longstanding and reputable Auckland/Panmure-based engineering firm servicing the signage industry since 1967.
We specialise in producing the biggest and best top-end electronic and static billboards in New Zealand as well as other signage structures. We do it all, from small to large scale projects. Every job & every day is different.
We are looking for skilled people to join our fabrication team. The varied and stimulating role will primarily include workshop-based mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium fabrication, plus onsite installation work throughout the country.To be considered, you must be able to -
- work full time in Auckland, New Zealand (hold a valid NZ work visa if applicable)
- provide evidence of a work history & experience
- work overtime and weekend work as required.
- work within a tight-nit team
- produce quality work within tight deadlines
- read and understand construction drawings.
- work without supervision.
- drive, with a full (and clear) driver licence
- weld mild steel & stainless. Aluminium would also be an advantage
- undergo a welding test if you are selected for an interview.
- speak fluent English
- pass a drugs test as requires
For the right applicant, we will provide above-average pay of $38 - $40 per hour
+ KiwiSaver; guaranteed minimum 40 hours per week and overtime rates paid at time and a half; interesting and challenging projects; training and career advancement.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work visa. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE NEW ZEALAND.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter, including the number of hours you are available to work per week and immigration status. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE CONTACT BY PHONE.