Our client is a successful and highly regarded company providing design, manufacture, installation and servicing of water and wastewater solutions throughout NZ and the Pacific Islands. Based in Albany on Auckland's beautiful North Shore, they're family owned, were established 18 years ago and employ around 40 people.
Due to their very long-term Office Manager deciding it's time for a wee change, this neat management role will be available shortly for the first time in over 15 years! Whilst it will said to see our good friend and colleague move on, it will also be exciting to welcome a some new blood to our close-knit management team and overall business.
Like many Office/Administration Manager roles with Kiwi small/medium businesses, this is not only a key role but also a very diverse and all-encompassing role.
At the core of this role is the responsibility for leading and managing the small admin, accounts and customer service team of only a handful of people. That said, it's very much a lead from the front, hands-on position where although you will lead, mentor and manage the team, you will also be responsible for a significant amount of the 'doing'.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- All accounts/accounting functions (payables, receivables, credit control, reconciliations, GST/PAYE returns, month end, trial balance, asset register etc.) and liaison with external accountant (as required)
- Weekly payroll (wages and salary)
- Human resources including hiring, training, performance management, employment agreements, HR systems, annual/sick leave etc.
- Member of management team
This is clearly an important role within the business and while skills and experience are critical, personality, attitude and team fit are equally important. The workplace systems used are Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), MYOB AccountRight, Ace Payroll and Zoho CRM database. Although prior experience with Ace Payroll and/or Zoho is not important, a very good understanding and strong practical knowledge of accounts/accounting and MYOB AccountRight is mandatory
Important personal attributes required/preferred for success in this role include:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear understanding of need for absolute confidentiality
- Minimum of 5+ years in accounts/accounting role (possibly with some form of accounting qualification);
- HR experience and/or qualification
- Team player
- Strong worth ethic
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience working in small/medium business
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Strong and clear communicator
- Able to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines - a strong sense of urgency
This is a very good opportunity for some lucky job seeker to join a very good company who value their staff and have a great reputation as excellent employers.
If you're looking for great new role on the upper North Shore, working with a very reputable business this is likely the opportunity for you!
We're looking to secure our preferred applicant ASAP and so if you think you may be the one we're looking for, please APPLY ONLINE URGENTLY
, remembering to attach an updated CV along with your full address and current contact details. It is also MANDATORY
to include a brief Cover Letter telling us what you will bring to this role and why you're the person we're looking for!