Remarkable Construction Limited
293 Frankton Road , Queenstown 9300
Builder/carpenter - Queenstown
Construction, Trades & services
The person we are looking for will provide the trade skills, knowledge, experience and competency to undertake carpentry work to comply with the specified requirements of the contract works in a safe and timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES GENERAL
1. Be an active member of the site team.
2. Adhere to Company policies and procedures at all times.
3. Carry out all tasks/operations in a tradesman like manner at all times as directed by the Foreman and/or supervisor.
4. Maintain and respect personal, Company, and Client equipment, property and plant.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
5. Supply and maintain a toolkit consisting of the items outlined in Schedule Four and demonstrate a competency and skill in their use.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
6. Personal protection equipment must be worn at all times.
7. The use of PPE (which includes wet weather gear) will allow the employee to work in all climatic or environmental conditions unless deemed unsafe by Safety Supervisor.
HEALTH & SAFETY
8. Be responsible for own safety
9. Be aware of the safety requirements of others
10. Comply with all Company safety requirements and procedures
11. Advise of any safety concerns
12. Actively participate within a project team to meet the specific project’s quality and time requirements.
13. Participate in improvements that enhance product quality within the time envelope and optimise the labour and material resources required.
14. Utilise trade skills, knowledge and experience to complete the works adequately the first time to eliminate any rework requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Demonstrate the ability to take whole or part supervisory role of Foreman as delegated or in the absence (see Foreman position description)
2. Have recognised Trade Qualifications in Carpentry.
3. Demonstrate competency in carpentry work.
4. Have previous experience in the Construction Industry
5. Comply with Resource Management Act with regards to noise and use and disposal of chemicals.
6. Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
7. Have a tidy appearance and be a good team member.
If you are who we are looking for don’t wait to take advantage of this great opportunity, click on the apply button now and send us your CV.