With a growing population base and a commitment to research, innovation and professional development, Counties Manukau DHB (CMDHB) has many attractive qualities. We are a team of talented individuals working together to make a positive difference to the people we serve, the communities we work in and to each other!
The Clinical Engineering department provides a health technology consultancy and medical equipment maintenance support service to all departments across CM Health. These services extend to all hospitals and outpatient clinics that are owned by CMDHB. We are a team of 29, including Clinical Engineering- Manager, - Technologists, Technicians, Technician Trainees and Technician Assistants.
Based at Middlemore Hospital, we have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Engineering Technician to join our Warrant of Fitness team. Reporting to the Clinical Engineering Coordinator, you will be responsible for performing scheduled performance and safety verification testing as well as corrective and preventative maintenance on selected medical equipment at various Counties Manukau Health sites. If you like structure, repetitive natured work with some variability and moving between sites then this role is for you.
Outputs include but not limited to:
- Ensure that all repair and/or maintenance services are handled promptly for all allocated equipment.
- Ensure that repair, maintenance, calibration, and installation services are carried out on the allocated medical equipment to meet the legislated requirements.
- Ensure that safety and performance inspection functions are carried out in a timely manner on the allocated medical equipment to meet the legislated requirements.
- Keep an up to date record systems and administration function regarding the Workshop/ Unit’s functioning, equipment maintenance and performance verifications.
- Diploma in Electrical and/or Electronics (NZQA Level 5/6 or equivalent)
- Electrical equipment maintenance experience
- Electronic skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills and customer service skills
- Good time keeping and self-management attributes
- Drivers licence (Full & Clean Driver’s Licence- able to drive a manual vehicle )
- Basic Computer literacy
- Degree graduate qualification in Electronics or Clinical Engineering (NZQA Level 7 or equivalent) or Diploma in Clinical Engineering (NZQA Level 5/5 or equivalent).
- Certificate qualification in Anatomy and Physiology (TAFE or MIT equivalent course)
- Registered Electrical Appliance Serviceperson with EWRB.
- Relevant Clinical Engineering experience.
Apply now by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button.
To have an informal confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Sheenal Rebaza in Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position number: CMH20202353
Closing date: 24th February 2020
At Counties Manukau Health people and their lives matter to us. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our community. To help us achieve this we need a workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds who share our values and have a passion to work in our community and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maaori and Pacific communities. We are also committed to our Disability Strategy, which focuses on people with disabilities; they are our patients, whaanau, community and our staff - all carefully considered in our action plan. Together we will improve the accessibility needs for everyone who has a disability. Our values are Valuing Everyone- Whakawhanaungatanga , Kind –Manaakitanga, Together –Kotahitanga, Excellent- Rangatiratanga. If these are your values too, then join us today.