MILD STEEL FABRICATOR WELDER INSTALLER Fabricator Welder. Installer. Light gauge. MIG welding. Mild Steel. Factory & Site Based. Hands-On Exp Essential. Security Clearance. Some Travel. $27-33/hr neg. Overtime 1½ & Company Phone. NZ Full License. Fulltime job. North Shore. Start A.S.A.P.
A North Shore based manufacturing installation company, a leader in their field, fabricating impenetrable security products for the NZ market, using only high-grade steel and high tensile materials.
They are looking for a Mild Steel Fabricator Welder Installer
to join their team, in the fabrication of the steel products. You will mainly be based at the factory, where you’ll work unsupervised or as part of a team. A full clean NZ License is required, as installations will occur on site at client’s premises, mostly in Auckland, however, you may occasionally be required to travel outside of Auckland for installations too.
Given the nature of the company’s business, a security clearance will be required. Working as part of a smaller team, it’s important for the right candidate to be happy to ‘pitch in’ with all duties and help out including: Stock taking and stock-counts, Receiving and sign-off of stock delivered, Keeping the premises tidy, Occasional unloading of container and Pick-up and delivery of steel security products to customers or suppliers.
Your primary duties include:
Key qualities of an ideal candidate:
- Mild steel fabrication of metal products including selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- Sheetmetal light gauge MIG welding
- Cutting marked-out sections / shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and drop saw
- Shaping and bending metal pipes / sections using hand folding machine
- Aligning parts to be joined using measuring instruments & hand tools
- MIG Welding / Joining / Bolting / Riveting metal sections
- Quality assuring of width of bead, penetration and precision of welds
- Filing, cleaning and polishing when finishing products
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
- MIG Weld steel products and framing via drawings
- Problem-solving and solution / idea development onsite
- Job scheduling and prioritization
- Ensuring the factory / sites remain clean once job complete
Job type: Full time – Permanent jobLocations: East TamakiHours: 7.30am – 4.30pm (Mon-Fri)Wage: $25-$30/hr neg with qualifications, skills & experienceMisc: Company Phone & Overtime after 40 hours at 1½ Start: 1st March 2020
- Minimum of five years hands on experience in a steel fabrication / installation
- Previous installation of steel fabricated products into various building structures like wood, aluminium, steel, block, brick and concrete etc.
- MIG Welding light gauge experience
- Able to read drawings / designs for metal fabrication
- Confident to interact with clients onsite and solve their issues / problems
- Solutions based approach when problem solving
- Can work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- High quality, precise work output
- Ensure all work is to a high standard
- Accuracy & Strong Eye for Detail
- Honesty & integrity
- Physically fit
- Comply with and always maintaining a strong Health and Safety focus
- Security Clearance
- A Full Clean NZ Driver’s license
CONTACT:Dennis Mawhinney - Appointments Recruitment SpecialistsFree Ph 0800 030 125 (free from all phones within NZ)Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954Email email@example.comWebsite https://appts.co.nz/ Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Note – We are a recruitment agency not labour hire, company employ you directly
- Preference is given to applicants legally able to work in NZ
- Your CV must REFLECT your detailed working experience covering the key points of description above, including reasons for considering leaving current & previous jobs.
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and
all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- Please put your name and trade in the subject line of your email, as I receive many applications a day and this will help me find your application a lot easier.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.